Chocolate Suprise Cupcakes

I made a comment a few weeks ago that I need to stop baking cause we have cookies and cream puffs in the fridge and brownies on the counter and pie in the freezer. I can't stop baking. Then I had said to my mom I feel like baking and she replied, "well, I never got a birthday cake." So I threw out everything old, except the pie and started on some birthday cupcakes.

My mom's favorite cake is chocolate with plain buttercream frosting. Her favorite chocolates are dark chocolate raspberry so I'm combining the two.

Dark Chocolate Cupcake
1 dark chocolate cake mix
3 Large Eggs
1/2 cup melted butter (butter not margarine)
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350

Mix on low until blended, then mix on high for 2 mins.

Pour into paper lined cupcake pans. Bake for 20 min.

Then let cool.


Raspberry Creme Filling
2 full cups frozen unsweetened raspberries, thaw with 1/4 cup sugar
1/3 cup sugar
1-1/4 cups water*
6 Tbsp flour
(or 3 T. corn starch - I didn't have corn starch)
1 tsp lemon juice
In a medium sauce pan, combine water*, sugar, flour and lemon juice and mix well. (*If there is any juice in your raspberries, drain the juice and add to water = 1-1/4 liquid.*) Stir in thawed raspberries.

Heat and stir until mixture boils and thickens.

Cool completely.

------while cooling make cream------

1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Beat whipping cream, and vanilla until it starts to thicken.

Mix in sugar.

Fold in raspberry sauce.

Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
3 cups powdered sugar
1 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
1 to 2 tbsp milk

In a mixer, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.

Add vanilla and milk and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more milk if needed for spreading consistency.

Filling Cupcakes

Bake cupcakes and cool completely.

Cut out a small cone shaped section in the center of the cupcake.

Add raspberry filling to the hole

Replace the tops.

Frost!

Enjoy!

Of course I had plenty of help!

Comments